Care & Services
What We Offer
Expeditions Living offers a personal, professional service to you and your family.
Home Care and Support
Even in the best ordered environments there may be times when carers are faced with a crisis. And sometimes these are best handled when there are options.
At Expeditions Living we understand this and are able to step in at short notice offering a range of support services.
Expeditions Living provides high quality domiciliary care (also known as homecare) and support to keep you safe, comfortable and living independently in your own home.
We want to support you to maintain your chosen lifestyle. We believe that each customer is unique, with their own individual preferences and needs. So, we keep you in control and provide you with the domiciliary care and support you want, where and when you want it. It’s your life and your homecare, so it must be your way.
The services we offer
Choose our flexible domiciliary care services, anything from a check-in visit to personal care to 24-hour live-in care. We can offer short term help (following an illness or because your usual carer is having a break), or long-term homecare and support. Our dedicated team of homecare assistants are fully trained to:
- Assist with a ‘good morning’ start to the day, helping you to get up, wash, shower or bathe, dress and have breakfast
- Remind or assist you to take your medicines and collect or return medication from your pharmacy or dispensing GP surgery
- Prepare meals with or for you and assist you at mealtimes
- Shop with you or help you to make a shopping list, go to the shops, come back and put it all away
- Help with your household tasks such as laundry or ironing and keeping your home clean and tidy
- Support you with social activities such as going out for a walk, attending a day centre, visiting friends or family, going to your church or club etc
- Give a little pampering when you need it – the occasional visit to organise bathing, clean clothes, fresh bedding and a thoughtfully prepared meal before bedtime
- At the end of each day, some help with getting ready for bed
- Overnight ‘sleeper’ or waking support, respite care or a 24-hour support service
Our aim is to make your homecare experience not just good, but great!
Expeditions Living strives to do more than meeting your physical needs and keeping you safe. We want to provide a service that enriches your life and gives you the fulfilment that you deserve.
Whatever our age or medical condition we all seek a life that is enriched with meaning and purpose. This is vital to our emotional and mental well-being. It maintains our sense of who we are and our self-esteem. Expeditions Living goes beyond the usual services that many homecare companies provide. We focus on what is important to you and how we can meet your spiritual, mind, body and familial needs.
A key part of our homecare and support service is to get to know the unique qualities and characteristics of each customer. We want to know about your interests and hobbies and the experiences that light up your life.
We will then try and match you with a home care assistant who shares your interests. Being supported by someone who understands your passions gives that extra encouragement to keep your mind stimulated and your heart fulfilled.
Night Care at home is an essential part of our offering at Expeditions Living. Our dedicated team of people work through the night, so that our customers can feel and remain well supported and cared for whatever the time.
The care assistant sleeps at the property for a minimum of eight hours and is on hand if required. This option will suit if you don’t require regular support, but feel uncomfortable when left alone throughout the night. Anxieties and sleep deprivation can soon be improved with a sleeping night care professional there to support you. Having that extra night care at home can really help you remain healthy and happy. If assistance is needed more than twice during the night, this will be considered a waking night.
The care professional is on duty throughout the night for a minimum of eight hours. This is the best support option if you or a loved one wakes up several times perhaps being disorientated or needing to go to the bathroom. If you wake at regular intervals during the night to change position due to injury, or if you have to administer medication at regular intervals, this is likely to be the best choice for you.
The waking night care professional is there at your side as and when you need them for the duration of the night, providing a high level of expert support.
As we get older, life starts to slow down. At Expeditions Living, we understand that sometimes it can be difficult to plan social activities around your busy schedule. If it’s for yourself or perhaps you have ageing family members nearby, or across the country, it can help just knowing that there is a friendly, caring companion who visits regularly.
Companion care is one of our most requested services. When one of our Expeditions Living care assistants provides companionship care, they become a trusted companion who can keep you or your loved one socially engaged in their own home, and also accompany you or them on visits with friends, family, and to other social events.
At Expeditions Living, our companionship services may cover a wide range of activities where we are able to provide support, for example:
- General companionship and conversation
- Cooking and sharing meals
- Help with your weekly shopping
- Joining in with your favourite hobbies
- Help with general domestic tasks (cleaning, laundry etc.)
- Help with travel arrangements
- Driving you where you would like to go
- Arranging and accompanying you to and from appointments
- Planning outings and visits
The aim of our companionship services is to ensure that you or your loved ones can lead happy, healthy and stimulating lives in the comfort of their own home or residence.
Expeditions Living offers external day services to individuals living in the community or in registered homes. After assessment, packages are offered. Every client is different and great care is taken to provide the most appropriate programme, this may be a single session or for 7 days a week.
Programs are tailor-made and coordinated to meet the ability and interests of each individual.
Expeditions Living recognises the need for individuals to have choices in where they live, who they live with and who supports them.
Personalised learning disabilities support
At Expeditions Living, we support you to live the life you want, where each day can be different. Our staff recognise each person as an individual with a range of unique personal interests and aspirations. By focusing on your unique strengths and abilities, our aim is to help you achieve your personal goals. We develop a personalised support plan with you, so you can receive your care in the community where you live.
When your child needs care and support, you want someone you can trust, someone who understands your child’s special needs, and someone your family can rely on. At Expeditions Living our staff are fully trained to provide care and support to families with children in their own home.
Our care team have practical experience in dealing with challenging behaviour, autistic spectrum disorders, complex health needs, physical disabilities and sensory impairment.
We can offer temporary care while a parent or guardian is in hospital or recovering from an illness, or longer term support for a child with disabilities or special needs.
Expeditions Living’s care packages are tailored to meet your specific requests, including:
- Getting ready for school or college in the mornings
- One-to-one support at school
- Shopping trips, social or cultural events, leisure and sport
- Help with personal care, meals and feeding
- Attending medical appointments
- Doing activities at home
- Getting ready for bed and perhaps a bedtime story
- Supporting the family to establish daily routines
We see every child as unique so before our service begins we will spend time getting to know about them:
- How they communicate
- Their particular needs and how you prefer these to be met
- Their likes and dislikes
- The things that are important to them
You can rest assured that all of our staff are rigorously vetted; your child’s safety and well-being is our number one priority. We carefully select the right team to provide your child with the continuity of care they need.
Get in touch to see how we can help support you and your child.
Following illness or injury, you may need care and support to help you regain your independence in your home. We support our customers who require reablement services, for example, following a stay in hospital when you require support through your transition from hospital to your own home.
Reablement is different to traditional home care services; our Expeditions Living reablement teams are trained with specific skills to encourage your return to independence. Our teams are also trained to recognise the emotional impact that illness or injury has on you, your family and friends. We provide focus on your development of robust coping skills for dealing with emotions that reablement can bring out during recovery, aiming for you to get your confidence and independence back as quickly as possible.
Readjusting to life after a stroke can be difficult. You may feel exhausted or anxious about the future or angry that this has happened to you, or someone you care about.
Expeditions Living can provide the extra homecare and support you need to manage these challenges. Our dedicated staff team are experienced in providing practical, emotional and social support to help you enjoy a normal and independent life.
Each year approximately 150,000 people across the UK will have a stroke. It can happen to anyone at any age, but 75% of cases affect people over the age of 65. Family history, diabetes, obesity and high blood pressure can all increase the risk of stroke.
Each person’s experience will be different, so we always ask about what is important in your life and your personal needs and preferences. Together we create a personalised homecare and support plan to help you achieve your specific goals and to live the life that you want. You are always in control, we respect it’s your home and your choice. The services we offer include:
- Support with rehabilitation. Encouragement to relearn skills and new ways of managing tasks of day to day living
- A good morning start to your day, with help to wash, dress and have breakfast
- Support to be involved in activities that are important to you, seeing friends and family, or going for a walk
- Practical help around your home such as housework, shopping and laundry
- Assistance with taking your medicines and/or making sure you have a readily available supply
- Preparing nutritious meals and providing the support you need to eat and drink well to reduce the risk of further strokes
- A night time call to settle you comfortably in bed
- 24 hour care service to give carers a short term break or live-in care on longer term basis
An acquired brain injury can have a life changing impact on the person with the injury, their family and their wider social network.
At Expeditions Living we understand that managing the unexpected effects of sudden damage to the brain is emotionally and practically challenging for everyone concerned. Our care assistants provide high quality home care services to support individuals and their loved ones as they adjust to these changes.
Each person’s experience will be different. So, we listen carefully to what you want and create a bespoke care and support plan to help you achieve your goals. Your care assistants can help with:
- Support to relearn basic life skills such as walking, talking and recognition
- Personal care to keep you looking and feeling your best and to avoid damage to your skin
- Assistance with making sure prescribed medicines are taken at the right time
- Developing confidence towards greater independence and involvement in the local community
- Keeping you healthy by providing nutritious meals
- Child care support, especially helping children adjust to the changes in their relative
- Help around the home
- Respite care that carers can rely on for a well-earned rest
- Emergency planning such as what to do if the main carer becomes ill
Our care assistants also provide much needed emotional support, such as a listening ear to share worries.
We Put Our Customers First
Our staff recognise the unique qualities of each customer and see the whole person, not just a list of care needs. We value and respect our customers and the different ways they choose to live their lives. .